Long story short: I met Toria last summer at Westgate--knew her for 2 months before she moved away. We all had a great time together, but more than anything I was deeply impressed by the outstanding mother she is to her Ivy (and son Asher). This was my introduction to the name Ivy. Beautiful. Feminine. Classic.
I'm pretty picky when it comes to naming our children. We had 4 names on our list that I was o.k. with when we had our daughter. Emma, Ivy, Eva and Anna. For some reason (they're all pretty names), I just couldn't settle on one. Brian finally made a list of women we admire and we wrote down what we admired about each of them. We wanted to somehow work those characteristics/names into the name we chose for our daughter. Toria was obviously on this list. Toria has a daughter named Ivy. Perfect. I love Toria and I love the name Ivy. Worked for me.
The reasons we love her are confidential. Just kidding. But I'm keeping this short, remember? Needless to say, she's amazing. Love the name, didn't love how Elisabeth sounded with Ivy.
Ivy Elisabeth Kisby. Say that 10 times fast and it sounds like you have a lisp.
Anyway, Brian loves the name Elise (shortened form of Elisabeth), it topped his name list, and I think it sounds so pretty with Ivy. Ivy Elise. Ivy Elise Kisby. Flawless combination.
So, there you have it. Ivy's name. I feel so good about it. She has a lot to live up to. :)
just after we chose her name, before leaving the hospital.
(6-03-08)



6 comments:
ah, i just love the name. ivy elise is totally a beautiful name that does flow nicely. good job:) Toria sounds awesome. Wish i could have known her. how fun that you both are going to have little girls named ivy that will maybe one day be good friends! are you unpacked and settled??! your place is beautiful and sounds like a dream. there are tennis courts here too but i haven't seen one soul out there playing yet. waaayy too hot. maybe come november:)
funny thing, that is the first thing I did for our kiddos....I listed people that I love and would want my kids named after. Kaylee is of course a favorite name because of Kaylee Mitchell (Brian knows the family) and Cade is a favorite because of my SIL's sister little boy who is a sweet kid. For this next boy, the decision is hard. I love the name Wade and Kyle (after the ever famous Sanner gang)...but David isn't keen on 'wade williams' or having another "K" sounding name to add to Kaylee and Cade. We do like Spencer...and I know just a couple...of course you have your own cute Spencer.
I gotcha with the names! It's very sentimental when you name your children after those who have touched your life for different reasons.
Veronica, just tried to call you, but you weren't there, so I went to your blog instead.
I am in tears.
I will try to call you again soon.
Love you! (And Brian and the kids too :)
Hey, I saw your blog off Meg's. Little Ivy is adorable. I had to laugh at your story of her birth. Don't be embarressed by the yelling. With my most recent baby I was screaming like a little girl until they finally got me drugs. Congrats and good luck with number 3.
so sweet Veronica! thank you! I feel like I have a lot of work to do to live up to the praise you give me, but I appreciate it. Your Ivy is precious and I'm glad you made it to Florida safely and were welcomed by such a wonderful ward! That is HUGE! Ivy and Ivy will have to meet and and I'm sure they will become fast friends (just like us!)
Post a Comment