It's in the title. We made gingerbread houses. I'm just now getting around to sorting pictures. I figure since we're moving this coming saturday morning and I won't have internet access--at least blogging access--for a couple weeks, I may as well do some catching up. :)
This is my first time ever baking gingerbread. It was fun. I really wanted to let the boys help me roll it out and cut shapes, but the dough was more sticky than I thought it would be. And lets face it. I just couldn't give up the control of having near perfect shapes for our houses. They got to decorate them at least.
For the rest, the pictures speak for themselves.
Brian did help with getting the structure to stand, but the boys did surprisingly well decorating their own houses. And eating all the frosting. And then asking for more. But there wasn't anymore. Because they ate it all.
I waited until it was the children's bedtime. And then I let Brian put the kids to bed while I decorated. In peace. And quiet. Thanks Brian. :)

I don't know why we don't have pictures of the boys houses. Oh yeah. . . they trashed them before I could get the finished product. Oh well. To kids it's just a cookie, frosting and candy. Who cares what it looks like.

I don't know why we don't have pictures of the boys houses. Oh yeah. . . they trashed them before I could get the finished product. Oh well. To kids it's just a cookie, frosting and candy. Who cares what it looks like.
It's no tropical cabana, but mine was the tastiest of all. I'm sure of it.
And this little guy? I have to say he must have been most impressed with my house as well. His eyes are popping right out of his head!



5 comments:
I love that you waited to have peace and time to yourself to decorate. I have a secret...I have never made a gingerbread house. SHAMEFUL! Definitely on our list to do next Christmas with Preston. :)
The little guy with his eyes popping out of his head is definitely my favorite part of the creation!!! I can see you laughing while building him. Just like the time we made bagel people. Good times!
Too funny! We have an annual tradition of making gingerbread houses and the boys houses rarely last more than 24 hours.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Yum and can I get your recipie?!? The gingerbread looks so fancy schmancy!
Post a Comment