We went to sweet tomatoes before we left Florida.
2 mentionables. . .
First, what's different about these 2 pictures?
I had some stains on my skirt, so I soaked it in oxyclean. . . but forgot about it for a week. After washing it, it looked so white and new, and I thought "Yay!" So, I wore it out to lunch. Then I held Ivy. She jumped around a little and next thing I know my thigh is hanging out. I had only been up to the salad bar once at that point. . . and who only goes up once at an all you can eat?!
So, I improvised with our camera bag. Luckily we had taken it. haha.
Sadly, the skirt barely lasted until we got home. I took it off and it was practically in shreds. Non-salvageable. Darn. I really liked that skirt. It's probably already decomposed in the land fill by now. I guess I have to be careful with that oxyclean!
Next, lunch was free for me. Yay! Talk about a bang for the buck.
A little history. . .
I always find stuff in my food--hair, mainly. I'm notorious for it. I think everyone would find more in their food if they paid attention. But alas, I seem to be the one to end up with "the goods" in my meal.
This time was no different.
I was saving the best bite for the end. As I put it on my fork, and almost to my mouth, I noticed my broccoli was moving. "uh, that's not normal," I thought. And upon reinspecting my food I realized it was a creepy, crawly, green bug. Sick. I couldn't eat anymore. Brian took my plate up to the manager and the manager (bless him), said, "oh, that again," (What? this happens often? haha), "which table are you?" he asked. And he was about to give us all a free lunch, but we just didn't feel right about that. So, my lunch was free. After Brian told me that, I decided bugs aren't so bad. . . when they're free. . . so I headed back for more! haha (controversial? haha)

9 comments:
Veronica, that is hilarious! I probably would have done the same though; I mean really, it's a salad bar!
Great double story. :) Sorry about that skirt, it was quite pretty.
Hahaha that last picture is so adorable. Ivy makes me smile! :)
I'm sorry about your skirt! It was so cute too! V you look so great!! I want your toned arms.:)
Loving that you are blogging again. :)
Eeeeew. Bugs!
Bummer about the skirt. But I am happy you finally put up some pictures of the kids for me to see.
LOL! you're too much. too funny. i love it. i'm glad you can see the humor in things like that, even if you do miss your cute skirt.
i've never used oxyclean. i always wondered from the commercials how well it worked. guess it works just fine. guess that's an understatement!
uh, sorry for calling at such an awful time. I will email in the future. I know it's always hard to talk on the phone with three kids at foot.
And YAY!!! I'm so excited you're moving to LA. We're north LA, out of the city. I'm sure you'll want to stay south of LA. But we'll probably only be 50 or so miles apart. And through LA traffic, shoot, it shouldn't take much more than 2 hours to get to each others houses. Ha...I wish I was joking. Good luck and keep us posted. Can't wait to see you guys!
Is a creepy crawly green bug any worse than a worm, or does money have to be involved?
Katherine, you're right! hahahaha. For some reason, (thankfully), I've passed that stage in my life. And it seems different when it's a dare, vs. finding it randomly mixed in with my food. haha. Somehow dares are empowering like that. . . weird, I know!
I just wanted to say:I like your skirt before I found the whole on it!
Post a Comment