Saturday, July 25, 2009

Someone I really support.





She was my college roomie. I'm so glad I got to know her. She released a CD 2.5 years ago and after having a baby was inspired to make a lullaby album! She composes her own music (plays piano and violin) and this time she worked with her mom! (violinist) And now the much anticipated 2nd Cd,



is available for purchase!!!! Yay Jenni, you've accomplished so much! Please listen here for a sample of her work, and if you love it, support her if you can!

In her own words:

"It's been 2.5 years since I released Key of Sea and it's high time I release something new. I'm so excited to announce that my new album, The Lullaby Album, is coming out this week.

This was actually a collaboration with my Mom, Carolyn Southworth, which makes this project extra special for me. We've been hard at work on this project for the past year, and I think it has turned out beautifully. We are very proud of this album and excited for all to hear it.

This album is unique in that it is being presented in a special 2-disc format; Piano with Orchestra, and Solo Piano. We feel that the Solo Piano is perfect for calming at bedtime for children, while the Piano with Orchestra is wonderful for adults to listen to, as it is served up with a bit more power and "oomph". So this album really is intended for everyone, no matter what age.

The album features 13 original and traditional lullabies - some you might know, such as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Goodnight My Angel", "I Am a Child of God" and more. We've also featured some fantastic artists including Emmy Award winning pianist/composer Jace Vek, Ourstage Grand Prize Winner Jillian Goldin and Ourstage multi 1st place winner Lori Cunningham, along with the engineering talents of Grammy Award Nominated producer/musician Paul Speer."

Visit to learn more!

YAY JENNI!!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay V!!!! You are such an awesome friend. Thank you SO much for writing that - that was sooooo nice of you!! :) I really appreciate the support, truly. LOVE YOU!!

Amber said...

Wow! She is so talented. Beautiful music.

So where are you V? I have not heard from you and I would LOVE to see you now that you live here in Cali. Let me know when you are settled and we can meet up. Troy Sheen is moving here too. In October. He has three little boys I think. Fun huh!

Shannon said...

ding dong! where are you? what have you been up to!?

allegra said...

veronica, i miss you! update your blog with at least one picture to tie me over, geeze. i bet ivy is so big by now i wouldn't even recognize her.:)

hope you guys are doing well in Cali. how does brian like his job?

Amber said...

U ever gonna post again? We miss you.