Saturday, February 23, 2008

I had my heart set on San Jose

But, we're going to Florida! I've been to Florida only once before, and it was stifling hot. Yes, it was summer, and the hot weather made it a dream to be on the beach. :) I am definitely excited about experiencing a temperate winter, I've never done that before!

San Jose would have been really nice. Brian's widowed grandmother lives just a couple hours away, and we just found out his oldest brother and family are moving to Monterrey. We would have been in the middle--easy access to older brother's family and grandma! Oh well, we have a different experience in store.

We'll see what Florida (Honeywell really...) has to offer. I know we'll like it and have a great time. We definitely want to go to Disney World with our kids and Lance is longing to spend his days on the beach! And to top it all off, we'll be picking strawberries while all the other Bostonian suckers are freezing their tails off! (in the winter anyway) hahahaha

The more I look at pictures the more excited I get. We'll be staying in Clearwater, FL, which is like a little peninsula off the western side of the state. We'll totally be beachside! O.K., maybe not living on the beach like I think we will, be we'll be close, that's for sure! :)

So, come June (after the baby's born of course), Florida here we come!

10 comments:

gina said...

san jose would have been a great place to live, but really expensive too!! i will definately be missing strawberry picking in the winter!!

Jared and Megan said...

wow congratulations! too bad about San Jose, but Florida sounds like it will be awesome. =) Man... I am dreaming about warm beaches lately with all this snow and coldness going on.

allegra said...

at first when dan told me you guys got the honeywell internship i was like, "that's by us!! (phoenix!), but then he said, no the OTHER honeywell... the one in florida. bummer! but honeywell is a good company, and florida?! the boys will LOVE the beach and WARM weather! you little gal will like the nice climate too i'm sure.
congrats guys! we're so thrilled for you. p.s. spencers hair is THE COOLEST!! what a hunk :) heheheh

allegra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allegra said...

what the heck? i keep doing that on your blog!!!!(typing them in twice) just delete one of them. :) :)

Jenni said...

Ah darn. No Seattle then eh?

Well my little brother, Stephen, and his wife are also moving to Florida after he is done with BYU this year. His wife is actually from there and that is where he served his mission. He served in Tampa, so I think that is where they are going to move back to (or that area over by Orlando). So when we go to FL next year to visit them we will come see you!! Yay! (if you are near them)

Cammie said...

What an adventure! I'm a bit jealous...I could live in hot weather year round!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Glad you know where you'll be! Grats!

Amber said...

Are you referring to the trip you went on with me to Florida when my sister got married? It actually wasn't all that hot at the time. It was only April. HE HE.....But Clearwater is on the gulf side and it is absolutely beautiful there. Total beach town and a nice breeze. You will love it. The beaches are SO SO nice there too. I'm jealous. I would love to spend a summer there. Enjoy. I think you'll really like it. Despite the heat. My dad's girlfriend lives out there. I bet He'd love to see you.

Michelle Johnston said...

V- Wow, thats so exciting! Just knowing where you will be has to be a relief. I can just imagine you on the beach soakin up all the sun! Boy doesnt that sound fun this winter:) I didnt realize you would only be in Boston for 1 yr...I thought it was two:) Anyway, woohoo for you!