Monday, May 5, 2008

We're back!

Yay! Everything is up and running again--thanks again Dan and Dell for getting us back on track!

A quick update:

I thought my due date was June 9 but found out it's actually June 2. Hmmm, doesn't really matter since the baby will come when she's ready anyway. You want to know why this is relevant? O.K. We're leaving Boston June 10th (it's our last day in the apartment) and we have to be to Florida by the 14th to move into our apartment and the 16th for Brian to start work. That means we're taking 4 days to get there in order to break up the driving and do some sight seeing along the way.

Back to my point. My midwife wants me to have more recovery time before traveling (so do I...), which means she's going to strip my membranes at 38 weeks. (TMI? haha). So, I was looking at my calendar to find out when my 38 week appointment would be. According to the Dr. visit schedule I am currently on, 38 weeks would fall on the 29th of May. Doesn't make since if my due date is the 2nd of June. So, either they haven't updated my weekly appointments to coincide with my due date, or . . . well, if they have always believed my due date was the 2nd of June then nothing else really makes sense. SO . . . the moral of the story is, stripping the membranes doesn't guarantee anything, but if it does happen to induce labor, I could be having this baby in 2 weeks! Aaaah! Ask me if I'm ready. Nope. I still have so much packing to do. So much to figure out before we leave. So many more play dates to have before we ship out! :)

I'm telling you all of this because it means that with everything we have to do before we leave and before the arrival of our baby I won't have a lot of time to blog. There are so many things I want to blog about, so I'll probably be doing some really short entries with just a few pictures in order to spur memories later on when I have time to journal about everything!

Until then . . . . Keep smiling! :)

9 comments:

Frozen Cacti said...

Crap - time just shot by in an instant! I'm coming over to help you.

Amber said...

Hooray!!! I'm all for early babies. I hope it all goes well. I'm betting that stripping your membranes will work just fine, being that it's your third baby and all. Good luck!!! You are definitely in for an eventful June.

jenerekfamily said...

Oh my gosh - I'm so excited for you. Any clue what you are going to name this girly? Good luck with the move with a brand new baby, I'm sure it will be more than hectic, but you can handle it!!

gina said...

that's so exciting. i can't believe you are almost ready to have the baby. i wonder what happened with the due date. that's pretty strange. i remember you thinking you were further along than what they said you were. anyways, good luck with all the packing, baby stuff, and of course the move! much love, gina

Brian & Veronica said...

thanks girls! :) Yes, it will definitely be an eventful June, but we have an execution plan, so it should all work out just fine! And no, we have no name yet! Aaaah! I think this is what we're both most stressed about. Lance was home a week from the hospital before we finally decided on a name. Hopefully some name will make an impression soon, we sort of need to it. :)

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Hi Veronica...remember me...Sheree! I saw your name on Amy's new blog and decided to look at yours! Congratulation on the baby to come...hopefully you can come up with a name (I'm sure you will)! It's so fun to see old friend and what/where they are at in their lives! Hope all goes well with the baby! Feel free to check our blog out too... bsmowers.blogspot.com! Good to see what you're up to!

Carrie LaHaie said...

This is just a random idea, but we live right off the 95 just south of DC (springfield VA). And have an extra bedroom and a big play room with two extra couches (not to mention plenty of baby stuff) if you guys need a place to stay in your travels I would LOVE to see you!!! May or June!! Just a thought...it sounds like you have enough stuff to worry about without travel stress!

Toria said...

wow- that's such a good idea for the next time I'm pregnant and the doctor won't even discuss inducing me "I'll tell her I'm moving!"
Veronica you're a strong brave girl. I hope everything works out for the best. I'm so glad you have someone to sublet for fall and such a good community to help you out before and after baby. Hopefully Florida is the same. If I were there I'd bring you something to eat and clean your kitchen just like you did for me when I was moving. I'll think of something. Good luck, keep me posted. And good idea to take an empty water bottle to the playground.

Jenni said...

Can't you just ask them to schedule you for an induction? I mean with moving and all....ahhhhhhh I would be stressing out.